Creates technical drawings using computer aided design (CAD) software of structured cabling system infrastructure. Uses floor plans to assist in developing bids for telecommunications work and to provide detailed, labeled, as-built drawings for customer use after a project is complete.
Required Skills & Education:
- Assists in the process of developing bids for work, working with the Cabling Supervisor, Estimator and Cabling Group Manager. Specify dimensions, counts, lengths and special requirements from 2D drawings for cabling projects.
- Develops and converts verbal and written information to/from technical drawings.
- Visually interpret 2D technical drawings.
- Responsible for receiving, converting and printing CAD drawings.
- Inform and keep all personnel up to date of AutoCAD industry standards.
- Assists the Cabling Supervisor, Estimator and Cabling Group Managers in reviewing and executing project proposals/quotations, staffing requirements, equipment and cabling specifications and materials management.
- Provide and interpret cable infrastructure drawings when required for project proposal and implementation.
- Provides customer/client interface when reviewing technical drawings. Attends site surveys, bid meetings and is a competent contributor and reviewer.
- Provide as-built documentation for clients at the completion of each project.
- Furthers oneself through on-going education utilizing corporate or specialty classes.
- Supports and enforces a comprehensive safety program in accordance with the company’s commitment to provide each employee and customer with a safe and healthy work environment.
Two (2) years of experience with technical drawings and AutoCAD or similar software. Have a thorough working knowledge of reading RFP’s, blueprints, specifications, and system documentation. Working knowledge of drafting methods and basic understanding of engineering drawings and principles. Appreciation of construction methods and schedules
Required Clearance: Candidate must have a TS/SCI polygraph clearance
Desired: Experience working with cabling infrastructure preferred.