Works under general supervision, and may provide leadership and training to and other technicians assigned to install, repair and/or testing of voice, data, and audio visual infrastructures.
- Communicates regularly with the customers, Cabling Group Manager, and/or Cabling Supervisor, to stay abreast of changes in work task and deadlines
- Coordinates the day-to-day work assignments and scheduling of junior crewmembers, which may consist of temp labor and subcontractors
- Interacts with the client, contractors, and vendors on the job site.
- Creates a positive work environment on the job site at all times
- Verifies work hours of crew members on a daily basis.
- Delegates work tasks to junior crew members and verifies that work delegated is being completed within a reasonable amount of time and with quality
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Helps maintain a safe work environment for all crew members by abiding by the Company’s commitment to provide every employee with a safe and healthy work environment.
- May work and direct a crew of 2 to 4 technicians and helpers while under the supervision of a Cabling Manager or Cabling Supervisor.
- Ability to work independently or with other Cabling Service Technicians performing service calls, completing
adds, moves and changes. Updating customer prints and documentation as required.
Required Skills & Education:
- Completes work orders, material transfer forms, and other documentation required by the company.
- Furthers oneself through on-going education: either corporate or specialty courses.
- Must have a High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of ten (10) years technical experience in commonly used installation, termination, testing procedures and standards.
- Knowledge of associated hardware, equipment and specifications as they pertain to Network Topologies and/or Telecommunication Voice/Data Systems.
- Provide team leadership, In-Depth knowledge of termination equipment, methodologies, and splicing techniques.
- Areas of knowledge must also include: physical ability to lift 50 pounds, cable termination, testing, cable rack preparation, layout and installation, and documentation.
- A valid BICSI Technician certification is required. Five additional years of experience may be substituted for certification.
Required Clearance: Candidate must have a TS/SCI polygraph clearance