The selected candidate will coordinate the implementation efforts of several developers of varying skill levels to implement and AWS/C2S based large scale back end data management solution. This is a complex, multi-year full lifecycle task with many user types. The candidate will:
- Support strategic efforts of the leadership team, including efforts of PMO and the Chief Engineer/Chief Architect.
- Provide feedback to leadership on status and approach.
- Coordinate the enhancement and defect management process for development.
- Perform risk management and mitigation at a development level.
- Perform development as part of the team to development of solution.
- Maintain existing legacy system, and help plan transition to new system.
- Manage implementation to plan, schedule and integrate the new issues and tasks as they occur.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 8 years of Software Engineering experience.
- 7+ years Java development experience on operation systems
- 5+ years defining and developing high performance back end systems
- 3+ years cloud development/analytics experience.
- 3+ years scripting language development experience on operational systems.
- 3+ years customer relevant secure development practices.
- 3+ years XML usage and development (XSD) experience.
- 2+ years data format design
- 2+ years scm (specifically git) experience.
- Able to create and manage a ticket/change management workflow.
- Familiar with using Linux and a development environment (including light SA assistance).
- Hands on experience with cloud development technologies (Pig/Hadoop)
- 3+ years work experience in the SIGINT, IA, or IT domains.
- Must be able to work in collaborative environment.
- Must be passionate about their work and be able to work as part of a leadership team with minimal supervision.
- Hands on experience with audit systems and protocols.
- AWS/C2S experience.
- Apache Camel experience.
- Apache NiFi experience.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Education and Security Requirements:
- TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 12 years.