This position is for a Senior Software Developer/Engineer to design, develop, and test enterprise software utilizing message-oriented middleware. Candidate should demonstrate strong development skills and Java experience. Familiarity with JMS is a plus.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ten years minimum developing software and systems using Java middleware
- Four years of experience with Accumulo
- Experience utilizing Hadoop and MapReduce
- Three years of experience developing high-performance multi-threaded applications, or applications executed in distributed computing environments
- One year of experience working with message-oriented middleware such as JMS.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with processing and managing large data sets or high volume data ingest
- Experience developing with complex event processing (CEP) applications
- Linux experience, including familiarity with basic terminal commands
- 3+ years work experience in the SIGINT, IA, or IT domains.
- Must be able to work in collaborative environment. Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience with stream processing (i.e, STORM)
- Experience with in memory Data Store (i.e. REDIS)
- Demonstrated experience using Enterprise Integration Patterns (Apache Camel)
- Ability to predict/detect performance bottlenecks and design performant solutions
- Ability to quickly review code to determine design flaws or software coding improvements
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and status updates to peers and management
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 8 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 12 years.