The Software Tester will be responsible for the end-to-end testing of an agile software development project; responsible for working with the leads to coordinate and prioritize tasks via backlogs for sprint planning and setting schedules. Works with the team to ensure builds and baselines reflect accurate versions of software related to test phases; evaluates COTS/GOTS solutions for alternative methods of testing; and ensures all test documentation is produced in accordance with NSA WAY standards. Must be capable of working in a fast paced, agile environment.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum two (2) years in testing through a full system development life cycle including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases, and test processes.
- Experience developing and enhancing test plans and procedures that define test strategies and coverage.
- Experience in documenting test results for corrective actions, reporting and audits.
- Experience testing systems from existing system and functional specifications
- Experience developing test cases and plans from requirements documentation.
- Experience with XML, Java, C++, database interface, LINUX, and Windows system programming is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of and skills in the use of automated lest tools
-Experience with at least a few of the following:
a. Test automation development or some demonstrated development experience
b. Performance / load / stress testing
c. Data interface testing
d. Data migration testing
e. User interface testing
f. Security testing
g. Code coverage tools
h. Systems integration testing
i. Web servers OS, arid SQL database setup and administration
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Tools - Rally, Bugzilla, Trac
- Software - Java, C++, Scripting Language
- Solaris, Linux, Windows operating systems
- Web Services - iBoss, Weblogic
- Databases, Sybase, SQL, MySQL