Work with team lead to understand tasking and deliver system to required specifications. Work with stakeholders to understand and implement system components. Participate as a member of the SCRUM team in daily stand ups.
Specific duties include:
- Interface with sub-system software and systems engineers; responsible for gathering user requirements, assisting with implementation, and support to system integration & test
- Middleware developer who is proficient in web services
- Experience with extraction/translation/load (ETL) operations
- Programming to include new development, bug fixes, and enhancements, as well as installation, monitoring and configuration programs and scripts
- Software testing, installation, configuration and upgrading
- Perform coding and unit test of new system components as they are defined
- Documentation of all software developed; documentation to include application and interface documentation, Version Description Documents (VDD), User’s Manuals, and Trouble Shooting guides
Required Skills and Experience:
- Developing middleware or presentation layer software is a strong requirement
- Minimum 7 years’ in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity as a Software Engineer supporting software architecture development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
- Minimum of 3 years experience developing REST services, SOAP
- Minimum of 3 years experience using Spring/SpringBoot
- Experience with Jenkins, Maven, Git
- Must be able to take the initiative, tackle implementation tasks, and solve problems with minimal guidance, but still be a “team player”, meaning, be able to accept direction and decisions from the Lead SWE and the Lead SE
- Background in SIGINT, Cyber and/or IA
- Experience using Vert.X, SnoarQube a plus
- Experience using ElasticSearch a plus
- Exposure to Agile and SCRUM methodology a plus
Candidates must have TS//SCI clearance with full scope polygraph
Seven (7) years experience in programs and contractors of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.