Provides support to specific COTS applications used to support operational systems. Responsible for implementing upgrades to the COTS product and making modifications to systems using those COTS products so the systems can accommodate the COTS upgrade. Responsible for providing insight into the usage of a specific COTS product and adapting the COTS product to support operational systems. Applies this insight to the project with a focus on stabilizing, improving, and ensuring the availability and maintainability of the systems based on the COTS product. Identifies, analyzes, and recommends solutions for technical issues that arise relating to the COTS product. Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving issues associated with the COTS product. Should be familiar with Agile processes and structures and able to work on a software development team.
The COTS Technology Expert shall possess the following capabilities:
- Identify, analyze, and correct active and impending problems with the specified COTS product
- Support usage of the specified COTS product by creating accounts, modifying configuration files, or performing whatever actions are needed to allow users and processes to be given access to the product or to be removed from access
- Establish and operate backup and recovery processes and procedures appropriate for the specified COTS product
- Develop, modify, or enhance applications utilizing the specified COTS product as a platform
- Analyze the specified COTS product for performance and usage issues and develop configuration and other changes needed prepare the COTS product for significant changes is usage levels
- Assess applications utilizing the specified COTS product for impacts due to COTS upgrades, develop plans to implement COTS upgrades, and implement COTS upgrades in such a manner that it minimizes user impact (U) Perform data analysis, data cleansing, and data migration necessary to move data into or out of the specified COTS product
- Six (6) years of experience in software development/engineering in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
- Four (4) years of experience in supporting the specific COTS technology product identified in the TTO.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline. Four (4) years of additional software development experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.