BlackLynx is looking for a team player with solid technical skills to add to our core sensor processing engineering team. Candidates must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed on new technologies quickly. Good communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment are required.
This is a mid-level cross-functional engineering position, supporting the development of our sensor processing systems. Our products incorporate custom logic designs using GPUS, FPGAs, and CPLDs. In this role, the engineer will be responsible for contributing technically to and possibly leading several 5G projects.
BlackLynx provides next generation heterogeneous sensor processing solutions for underwater, air, land and space systems. As the leading innovator in heterogeneous computing, our diverse and talented team of professionals continues to break new ground and create cutting edge solutions for our customers.
BlackLynx is seeking a systems engineer with knowledge of 5G mobile communications systems and experience in layers 1 through 4 development. Responsibilities will include:
· Working with the BlackLynx space modeling group to estimate coverage for a constellation of satellites
· Design and specification for a new state of the art mobile SATCOM communications system
· Modification of the 3GPP specs with focus on PHY layer implementation of NB IoT.
· Creation of the end-to-end 4G / 5G communications layer 2/3 system design.
· Experience as a systems engineer with wireless communications expertise
· Experience with one or more 4G/5G protocol stack layers 1-3
· End-to-end / wireless communications system architecture experience.
· Experience with and NR (New Radio) physical layer and physical layer specifications, such as 36.100 series and 36.200 series / 38.100 series and 38.200 series
· Experience modeling and simulation of and/or physical layer
· Experience with MAC/RLC/PDCP/RRC layer specifications, such as 36.300 series
· Experience and understanding of radio link budget analysis, link margin calculation and key parameter(s) characterization.
· Satellite communications (SATCOM) experience Knowledge of 4G, 5G Cellular Networks
· Subject matter expertise in 4G/5G Layer 2/3 protocol stack as well higher level application layers.
· End-to-end 4G/5G communications system architecture experience.
· Communications systems algorithms and techniques for 4G/5G standards, for operating over satellite
· Knowledge of 5G Open RAN (O-RAN) Architecture
· Knowledge of Network Function Virtualization and MEC
· Documentation and technical writing skills to maintain configurations and network diagrams
· RF antenna design experience
· Emitter geolocation algorithm development and implementation
· Experience with military systems and military Customers
· Signal analysis experience
Education and Experience
· B.S. or M.Sc. degree in Electrical or Aerospace Engineering or Physics; PhD. a plus (must be from accredited college or university)
· Minimum 7 years related experience (5 years with am M.Sc.)
Clearance – Active or Ability to obtain a DoD TS clearance.
Travel: 0% to 5%
BlackLynx is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.