BlackLynx is looking for a team player with solid technical skills to add to our core sensor processing engineering team. Candidates must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed on new technologies quickly. Good communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment are required.
This is a mid-level cross-functional engineering position, supporting the development of our sensor processing systems. Our products incorporate custom logic designs using GPUS, FPGAs, and CPLDs. In this role, the engineer will be responsible for contributing technically to and possibly leading several 5G projects.
BlackLynx provides next generation heterogeneous sensor processing solutions for underwater, air, land and space systems. As the leading innovator in heterogeneous computing, our diverse and talented team of professionals continues to break new ground and create cutting edge solutions for our customers.
The 5G/RAN Subject Matter Expert is responsible for:
- Research market and customer requirements around 4G and 5G wireless to feed into solution architecture and corresponding product requirements.
- Apply knowledge of wireless Standards/Organizations: 3GPP, IETF, ONAP, LTE, 5G NR and 802.11 protocols for specific projects
- Utilize experience with RAN products including cloud RAN, Software-defined networking, massive MIMO, 5G macros and small cell deployments
- Develop and execute testing in the lab and in operations using an array of test tools
- Analyze and troubleshoot network performance issues (i.e. air interface, L2/L3 signaling and call processing, etc.)
- Document project status, conduct analytics, and write reports.
- Conduct integration status meetings with partners, customers and internal teams as needed.
- Strong technical knowledge of LTE/VoLTE and 5G technologies including NAS signaling and PHY/MAC/RLC/PDCP/RRC layers of the LTE and 5G NR protocol stacks.
- Solid understanding of RF fundamentals, all technical problems in the LTE and 5G NR air interfaces, and data network protocols.
- Experience with wireless infrastructure provider and/or network operator
- Familiarity with over-the-air testing of LTE, LTE-A, 5G NR, CPE and UE
- Experience with UE and eNB log analysis tools and/or XCAP experience is a plus.
- Antenna design, beamforming and interference mitigation for 5G/4G is a plus
· Spectral Planning FR1 and FR2 freq. bands, Link Budget Analysis, MIMO, 3GPP 5G NR standard.
· Satellite Communication experience
· Experience with military systems and interacting with military Customers
· Cybersecurity experience
· Signals intelligence experience
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering; Master’s Degree or Ph. D. degree a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience in Engineering: 5+ years for LTE and 5G
- Demonstrated research and problem solving skills via prior work experience
Clearance – Active or Ability to obtain a DoD TS clearance.
Travel: 0% to 5%
BlackLynx is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.