Member of a cross-functional team responsible for Oracle and/or MongoDB database administration working on IC Security Services. Tasking will include, but is not limited to:
Minimum Required Skills/Experience:
- Allocate system storage and plan for future storage requirements
- Create and maintain primary database storage structures
- Create primary database objects (tables, views, indexes) once developers have designed an application and assist developers in the design if required
- Modify the database structure, as needed
- Monitor and optimize the database performance
- Plan backup and recovery methodology
- Backup and restore the database as required
- Apply Database updates and patches
- Migrate databases to new hardware as required
- Write PL/SQL stored procedures and triggers
- Write and maintain shell scripts
- Recommend new architectures, designs, and strategies for the future
- TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 8 years of Software Engineering experience.
- An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 12 years.
- 3+ years work experience in the SIGINT, IA, or IT domains.
- Database Administration 8+ years (Oracle or MongoDB)
- PL/SQL 5+ years
- SQL 5+ years
- Knowledgeable of large object (LOB) data structures
- Implementation and management of partitioned objects
- Experience with RDBMS management via Cloud Control
- Able to clearly communicate ideas and status updates
BlackLynx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
- Willing to take on a wide variety of tasking
- Experience with:
- DB architecture, designs, and strategies
- RDBMS upgrade to 12c
- Database performance tuning
- Shell scripting