Junior Software Developer working on the Middleware III program in support of the Corporate Reusable Software team (JBlocks).The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Resolves software problem reports and utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment and provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of COTS/ GOTS in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Minimum Required Skills/Experience:
- TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 3 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4 years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 7 years.
BlackLynx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
- Proficiency in Java and J2EE programming
- Demonstrated knowledge of distributed revision control systems.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming theory and best practices for modularization and decoupling of complex processes.
- Familiarity with coding and documentation standards and best practices.
- Experience implementing multi-threaded applications and with the optimization of complex processes and data structures
- Experience creating and running docker containers
- Experience with UML diagrams and/or other methods of expressing the implementation and operation of software
- Familiarity with the CAPCO Register and Manual, and generally with data security policies as they apply to classified environments
- Experience with the various JBlocks libraries, with PKI certificates, and with CASPORT
- Experience with community-based common data marking formats