Mid-Level Test Engineer to provide testing support to the development of an enterprise middleware solution. The selected candidate will join a small team to provide functional and performance test support to ensure the developed software functions properly and the middleware solution operates efficiently within the client’s enterprise. The candidate will participate in test planning and execution and will develop the necessary documentation for software deliveries. The candidate will work with software developers/management to develop test cases and ensure proper system functionality.
Minimum Required Skills/Experience:
- TS/SCI Clearance with full scope polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer Engineering or computer science disciplines
- 5 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 9 years.
- 2+ years experience with Linux, Eclipse. Maven, and Java
- 2+ years work experience in the SIGINT, IA, or IT domains.
- 6 years professional experience with software design, development, and integration, including exposure to the entire software development life cycle
- Hands-on experience with Java and MySQL.
- Knowledgeable with basic Linux and Windows OS commands
- Experience with Test Frameworks like Junit
- Experience with Spring Framework and Spring Integration
- Experience with Maven
- Recent experience with designing, implementing, and executing API-level test cases
- Working knowledge of various cloud storage environments including Azure, AWS and Google and associated Compute Instance management.
- Experience working in a Puppet controlled environment.
- Experience with using SFTP.
- One year experience using Elastic Search and Kibana.
- Working knowledge of Redmine, GITLab and Jenkins CI/CD.
- Working experience with MySql DB schemas and structures to facilitate data verification and validation.
- Experience deploying, configuring and maintaining test builds
- Familiarity with Configuration Management tasks involved in the build process
- Adept in investigative testing to troubleshoot root cause of test failures to include identifying and interpreting Java exception traces.
- Experience editing scripts (ex. shell, .bat) to facilitate testing
- Ability to clearly communicate issues with software developers
- Technical writing skills
- Able to control an integration and test environment and manage software as it moves through the cycle.
- For all software release candidates, new features, patches and bug fixes create the use cases and performance tests to ensure software functions according to defined requirements and provide verification and validation of requirements.
- Conduct root cause analysis and reverse engineering to replicate and resolve customer identified issues in a timely manner.
- Write quality test procedures and needed to fully exercise the system and use cases.
- Identify issues and clearly communicate them to developers in the form discrepancy reports.
Active TS/SCI with full scope polygraph
BlackLynx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.