The System Administrator provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to theses systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, etc. Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
The Level 1 System Administrator shall possess the following capabilities:
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with an appropriate agency Polygraph is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
BlackLynx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a technical discipline and five (5) years’ experience as a SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. An additional five (5) years of SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Additional experience with UNIX, SQL Server, Windows, System Security Plan scans, and Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessment (IAVA) patches is required.
- Web Server Configuration experience is required.
- PKI experience is required.