Maintains the integrity, security and availability of multiple database(s). Duties include disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products. Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements. Performs Oracle, SQL Server and SYBASE Database and Application server administration. Organizes and formats data for efficient query and storage processes.
Education and Experience:
The Level 1 Database Administrator (DBA) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Five (5) years of experience as a DBA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional DBA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience managing large databases (>2TB) in an Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) environment is required.
- Experience working in a UNIX environment is required. Experience with Windows environment is required.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with an appropriate agency Polygraph is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
BlackLynx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
- Maintain the integrity, security, and availability of database(s)
- Establish and maintain database user accounts
- Administer, maintain, and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Organize and format data for efficient query and storage processes
- Evaluate requirements and recommends available DBMS products
- Provide server administration with a variety of database products that include Oracle, SQL Server, and SYBASE
- Perform disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data
- Develop policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database(s)
- Perform database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability
- Support data modeling activities by way of prototype database implementations