BlackLynx is seeking an experienced System Engineer to join the Aerospace Division. The Aerospace Division supports a wide array of customers designing the next generation of satellites. Our staff is made up a wide range of skilled engineers spanning software development, space mission modeling and autonomous decision making, EO/IR and RADAR payload support, precision guidance navigation and control design and analysis, and disciplined system engineering. The Aerospace Division has an opening for an engineer to provide BlackLynx’s spacecraft resiliency modeling and simulation tools into a customer-driven Model-Based Systems Engineering workflow.
• Conduct system-of-systems modeling, operations analysis, and requirements decomposition for development and production products.
• Define and trace space vehicle design requirements and performance values.
• Coordinate and execute milestone project reviews, technical reviews, and decision tradeoff analysis.
• Develop requirements specifications related to spacecraft resiliency.
• Develop operational models using the DoD Architecture Framework.
• Use Model Based Systems Engineering principles to develop SysML systems descriptions.
• Coordinate program reviews to include Systems Requirements and System Functional Reviews, Preliminary Design and Critical Design Reviews.
• Coordinate with design engineers, specialty engineering, flight technology and build team to ensure a coherent set of requirements is being developed.
• Track and capture design decision notices, impacts and design changes as they occur throughout the program.
• At least 5 years engineering in the Aerospace industry.
• Ability to apply systems engineering processes in support of system life cycle development.
• Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to coordinate systems engineering activities and report status.
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, internal and external suppliers, as well as horizontal integrations across the other teams.
• Familiarity with aerospace design and verification processes to include; requirements develop and verification, preliminary and detailed design.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience highly preferred.
• Experience in SysML, MBSE and DoDAF modeling.
• Parametric modeling and simulation.
• Experience with foreign space and counterspace capabilities including, but not limited to, foreign adversary space doctrine, strategy, communications and collections, vulnerabilities, platforms, assembly and launch capabilities, weapons, dual-use systems and technologies, and emerging space technologies.
Work Location: Chantilly, VA or Rockville, MD
Additional Skills/Professional Characteristics:
• B.S. degree in engineering field or related science
• Currently holding an active TS/SCI clearance
BlackLynx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.