BlackLynx is seeking an experienced System Analyst to join the Aerospace Division. The Aerospace Division supports a wide array of customers designing the next generation of satellites. Our staff is made up a wide range of skilled engineers spanning software development, space mission modeling and autonomous decision making, EO/IR and RADAR payload support, precision guidance navigation and control design and analysis, and disciplined system engineering. The Aerospace Division has an opening for an engineer to provide BlackLynx’s spacecraft resiliency modeling and simulation tools into a customer-driven Model-Based Systems Engineering workflow.
• Evaluate systems under various scenarios and architectures to determine and/or optimize overall system mission performance in a framework giving insight into performance.
• Develop and maintain analysis tools of varied fidelity including modeling and simulation tools to predict performance against evolving threats.
• Develop, select, tailor, and deploy system analysis processes, tools, and metrics.
• Perform system analysis trade studies to define technical concepts and solutions.
• Execute and document system analysis results.
• Develop, define efficiencies and improvements to tools to improve team productivity.
• Coordinate and execute milestone project reviews, technical reviews, and decision tradeoff analysis.
• At least 5 years engineering in the Aerospace industry.
• Working knowledge of orbital dynamics and estimation concepts across orbital regimes, missile trajectory design and analysis, Monte-Carlo analysis techniques and familiarity of sensor technology used for threat tracking.
• Experience using MATLAB, Python, JAVA, or similar language environment to develop analytical tools or perform numerical modeling of complex systems.
• Demonstrated experience performing systems analysis or performance analysis including system concept trade studies, operational analysis, requirements analysis, feasibility analysis, system performance measures of effectiveness analysis (incl. technical performance measures), discrimination methods and techniques definition, probability analysis, or vehicle analysis.
• Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to coordinate systems engineering activities and report status.
• Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, internal and external suppliers, as well as horizontal integrations across the other teams.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) experience highly preferred
• Experience in SysML, MBSE and DoDAF modeling.
• Experience with foreign space and counterspace capabilities including, but not limited to, foreign adversary space doctrine, strategy, communications and collections, vulnerabilities, platforms, assembly and launch capabilities, weapons, dual-use systems and technologies, and emerging space technologies.
• Experience with high-fidelity modeling and detailed analysis support for modeling individual and integrated systems of systems for existing, emerging, and conceptual Global ISR systems and associated tasking, collection, processing, exploitation, and dissemination (TCPED) is also desirable.
Work Location: Chantilly, VA or Rockville, MD
Additional Skills/Professional Characteristics:
• B.S. degree in engineering field or related science
• Currently holding an active TS/SCI clearance
BlackLynx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.