Provide mission applications focused expertise for the customer. The candidate will interact effectively, courteously, and directly with users to resolve technical issues and respond to queries and requests for service that originate by telephone, web-based portals, email, or other methods. Read, write and implement standard operating procedures and technical documentation and assist with installation and configuration of new software applications. Hands-on working knowledge of computer operations, platforms, systems, architectures, functions, and terminology and assist with transition of new technologies into the Enterprise service environment.
Minimum Required Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 10 years System Administration experience. An additional 4+ years of System Administration experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 14 years.
- Experience in integrating and troubleshooting distributed systems in Linux/Unix (CentOS) and Windows environments
- Experience installing and configuring COTS software applications
- Experience creating and analyzing bash and Perl shell scripting
- Experience with log management, network protocols and testing
- Ability to work independently to triage issues and prioritize tasks
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and work independently with minimum supervision to meet deadlines
- Messaging experience a definite plus
- Experience configuring servers, networks, and storage
- Experience with firewalls, IP tables, and user account management
- Experience with virtual machine management
- Experience with OS performance tuning and Linux security
- TS/SCI Clearance with full scope polygraph
BlackLynx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.