The Sr. Controller at BlackLynx will be detail-oriented to maintain and strengthen our company's internal controls. The Controller will ensure quality of financial transactions and reporting, develop our financial well-being and play a leading role in financial decision-making. Will provide senior management with strategic financial input and oversee the overall accounting processes. Will ensure accuracy in all our financial activities.
To ensure success the Sr. Controller will need to give management sound advice and manage accounting activities with the aim of visibly reducing costs.
- Implementing finance and accounting policies and procedures
- Overseeing accounting operations such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and general ledger entries
- Ensuring prompt and accurate month-end and year-end close processes
- Preparing timely financial statements
- Preparing timely and accurate financial reports for senior management.
- Reporting variances
- Developing, assisting in management, indirect rates, and cash flow budgets
- Overseeing special projects and financial planning related to pricing and program performance
- Collaborating as company representative with business partners
- Cooperating with business units and support functions across company
- Determining effect of potential business decisions on financial policy
- Maintaining and ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and government regulations such as DCMAA, FAR and CAS
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or finance
- 10+ years’ experience managing finance, accounting, budgeting, contracts, and reporting
- 7-10 in payroll, accounts payable, etc. through general ledger
- Minimum 5 years of government contracting experience
- Experience in a GAAP compliant accounting system in a Government Contracting environment
- Proficient with QuickBooks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of applicable laws and regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to provide financial projections
- Ability to present to audiences at all levels throughout the organization
- Effective communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills
BlackLynx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.