- Design, Develop, Test, and Deploy modern corporate, enterprise, and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications for Aerospace Engineering, Modeling, Simulation, and Operations.
- Lead small Agile Component or Product development efforts in partnership with Program Managers and/or Project Engineers
- Collaborate with Space Architecture System Analysts and Aerospace and Spacecraft Systems Engineers to develop and maintain modeling, simulation, and analysis software applications
- Work on small (5-10) people software development teams to develop software application using Agile processes
- Employ comprehensive software unit, component, and regression test techniques to ensure software stability
- Deploy software for internal and external customers/end-users using Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) pipelines
- Design / Develop microservice application architectures with multiple endpoint services including command-line, web-based UIs, and RESTful
- Support Analysis / Engineering teams to architect and transition engineering tooling to sustainable corporate and enterprise software applications
- Deploy applications to commercial and government cloud service providers including AWS, AWS GovCloud, Azure, Google Cloud, and C2S.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS/PROFESSIONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering.
- 5+ Years of experience in Java application development
- Experience in developing REST APIs (e.g. Swagger / Open API)
- Experience with application development and deployment to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience as Component or Product Lead in an Agile development environment
- Dedication to creativity, integrity, and working in teams
- Interest / Ability to receive a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Experience with corporate / enterprise Python application development
- Experience with Modeling and Simulation tooling / software architectures
- Experience with Aerospace systems, to include operations, flight software development, navigation, and control algorithms.
- Experience with local and cloud-based database software (e.g. Redis, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Postgres, etc)
- Existing TS/SCI Security Clearance
Chantilly, VA (preferred) or Rockville, Maryland
BlackLynx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.