BlackLynx is looking for a team player with solid technical skills to add to our core sensor processing engineering team. Candidates must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed on new technologies quickly. Good communication and problem-solving skills and the ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment are required.
This is an entry to mid-level cross-functional engineering position, supporting the development of our sensor processing systems. Our products incorporate custom logic designs using GPUS, FPGAs, and CPLDs. In this role, the engineer will be responsible for using general purpose GPUs for data streaming, massively parallel operations, and general purpose computing.
BlackLynx provides next generation heterogeneous sensor processing solutions for underwater, air, land, and space systems. As the leading innovator in heterogeneous computing, our diverse and talented team of professionals continues to break new ground and create cutting edge solutions for our customers.
The GPU Design Engineer is responsible for:
- Designing and testing complex, high speed, GPU designs implementing DSP algorithms for sensor processing applications
- Implementing ML/AI models on GPUs using OpenCL, OpenMP, CUDA, TensorRT and SDK
- Implementing GNU Radio OOT signal processing modules on GPUs
- Translating requirements into GPU architectures
- Implementing and documenting GPU designs
- Supporting systems integration and testing
- Developing simulations of GPU algorithms with tools like Matlab/Simulink for verification
- GPU kernel design experience using OpenCL, OpenMP, CUDA, TensorRT, and SDK
- Experience performing timing analysis, power analysis and benchmarking GPU kernels and applications.
- Familiarity or experience with GNU Radio.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink for development of DSP algorithms implemented in GPUs.
- Experience with Nvidia, AMD and/or Intel GPU development tools
- Demonstrated digital signal processing and waveform implementation knowledge
- Ability to perform analysis, studies/trade-offs in support of subsystem specification, hardware, GPU and system software
- Experience performing GPU application and Kernel verification on hardware, including developing and writing software for testing, e.g. C, C++, Python, Matlab etc.
Education and Experience
- Experience with SDR, modulators/demodulators, forward error correction, SAR, etc.
- Experience with scripting tools and languages such as Make, Tcl, or Python
- Experience with C/C++, bash, Python programming, etc.
- Experience with FPGAs and FPGA development and simulation tools
- Satellite Communication experience
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or closely related field (must be from accredited college or university); MSCS/MSEE would be a plus; minimum five years related experience.
Clearance – Active or ability to obtain a DoD TS clearance.
Travel: 0% to 5%
Rockville, Maryland or Chantilly, Virginia
BlackLynx is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.