BlackLynx is looking for a team player with solid technical skills to add to our core sensor processing engineering team. Candidates must have a strong technical background and be capable of coming up to speed on new technologies quickly. Good communication and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work both individually and collaboratively in a team environment are required.
This is a mid-level cross-functional engineering position, supporting the development of our sensor processing systems (ground, underwater, air and space). Our products incorporate custom logic designs using FPGAs and CPLDs. In this role, the engineer will be responsible for the creation, simulation, and validation of SDAccel/OpenCL, HLS and RTL based designs, including both digital and DSP/Waveform functionality. In addition, the engineer will be expected to work closely with hardware and software engineers to ensure designs can be successfully integrated into the larger system. Entry level positions will be considered for candidates who meet the first six job requirements but may not have all required skills.
We are dedicated to providing next generation heterogeneous sensor processing solutions for underwater, air, land and space systems. As the leading innovator in heterogeneous computing, our diverse and talented team of professionals continues to break new ground and create cutting edge solutions for our customers.
The FPGA Design Engineer is responsible for:
- Designing and testing complex, high speed, FPGA designs implementing DSP algorithms for sensor processing applications.
- Implementing ML/AI models on FPGAs using Xilinx SDAccel.
- Implementing GNU Radio OOT processing modules on FPGAs.
- Translating requirements into FPGA architectures.
- Implementing and documenting FPGA designs using HDL (System Verilog, VHDL, etc.).
- Supporting systems integration and testing.
- Developing simulations of designs for verification.
- FPGA design experience using Verilog, VHDL or System Verilog languages.
- Experience with ModelSim simulation tools.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink for development of DSP algorithms implemented in FPGAs.
- Experience with Xilinx development tools.
- Experience with high speed interfaces: Ex. AXI, PCIe, Xilinx Aurora, JESD-204B, 10/40G Ethernet, XAUI, etc.
- Experience with physical synthesis, static timing analysis, power analysis for FPGAs.
- Ability to perform analysis, studies/trade-offs in support of subsystem specification, hardware, FPGA and software.
- Demonstrated digital signal processing and FPGA waveform implementation knowledge.
- Familiarity or experience with GNU Radio.
- Experience in architecting or designing and test platforms for FPGA verification on hardware, including developing and writing software for testing, e.g. C, C++, Python, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Experience with SDR, modulators/demodulators, forward error correction, SAR, etc.
- Experience with digital PCB design.
- Experience with Xilinx System-on-Chip devices: Zynq MPSoC, Zynq RFSoC FPGAs
- Experience with scripting tools and languages such as Make, Tcl, or Python
- Experience with C/C++, bash, Python programming, etc.
- Experience implementing DSP algorithms in C/C++ for Xilinx high level synthesis (HLS) tools or SDAccel and OpenCL.
- Satellite Communication experience
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or closely related field (must be from accredited college or university); MSCS/MSEE would be a plus; minimum five years related experience.
Rockville, Maryland or Chantilly, Virginia
Currently holding a clearance or willing to and capable of doing classified work and acquiring a TS/SCI.
BlackLynx is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.