BlackLynx Technologies is a mission-focused development company for both DoD and commercial customers. Emphasis is placed on high fidelity mission simulation and utility analysis, combined with cutting-edge high-speed compute capabilities for terrestrial, airborne and space applications. We seek to foster in the age of highly capable, decision making compute onto the airborne and space platforms.
BlackLynx is seeking an Aerospace Engineer with 5 to 10 years of experience who will participate in the concept design, analysis and build of spacecraft systems. Space Mission areas include Electro-Optical, RADAR, Signal Collection and Missile Warning. This position involves solving a wide range of complex problems through analytical methods spanning computer simulation and mathematical techniques. The employee will be guided by established system development processes to produce mission level requirements, detailed designs, operations planning and fight data analysis and exploitation. Primarily, the employee will be involved with high fidelity simulations used to conceptualize and design space missions.
Note: US citizenship and ability to obtain a security clearance is mandatory for this position.
- With a current level of understanding of spacecraft systems and payload technologies, contribute to BlackLynx space mission development activities
- Participate in the concept design of space systems and conduct trade studies in order to optimize a mission design based upon performance, cost and schedule metrics
- Derive and build software models and simulations, used to analyze or predict system performance under different operating conditions
- Communicate with staff or clients to stay in “lock-step” within a program
- Utilize a working knowledge of standard engineering design practices and technical solutions
- Take direction from senior technical leadership and or Project Manager on project goals, technical direction, and management practices
- Establish engineering budgeting tools for various subsystem analysis (i.e. pointing, power and communications link budgets)
- Developing graphs and charts to present results and analytical conclusions
- Writing papers to present findings from research
- Writing engineering code to solve problems as part of a larger analysis role (not traditional software engineering)
- 5 to 10 Years of engineering design experience in the Aerospace Industry
- Working experience in spacecraft design and analysis
- Working experience with some phase of hardware development and/or test
- BS or MS in Engineering (EE, CS, AE, or ME) or related disciplines (Math or Physics)
- Capability to creatively solve complex problems
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new topics, even if never before encountered by individual (areas of work could include thermal system modelling, electrical interface work, dynamics and control, radio frequency (RF) engineering, optical analysis, direction finding, etc.)
- Familiarity with any or all of the following computer languages: MATLAB, C++, Python, Java, Excel/Visual Basic, and Linux OS
Rockville, Maryland or Linthicum, Maryland
Currently holding a clearance, or willing to and capable of doing classified work and acquiring a TS/SCI over the first 12 months of employment.
BlackLynx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.