Linux System Administrator/Platform Engineer to support a high profile, widely deployed Enterprise Messaging Service that enables critical customer operations.
The candidate will perform all facets of datacenter sustainment, to include deployment of Linux operating systems to physical and virtual servers deployed internally and by a multitude of host-system providers. Candidate will deploy systems using system configuration management utilities such a Puppet and Ansible. Candidate will be exposed to planning for and deploying new storage and streaming solutions such as Accumulo and Kafka.
Additional activities include:
- Racking and provisioning servers and networking equipment
- Instituting automated configuration management control and documentation of developed software and hardware configurations.
- Providing implementation support for migration to and configuration of new datacenters (servers, firewalls, KVM and VMWare Virtual Machines, routers, switches, SAN devices)
- Providing and installing maintenance and security patches to all deployed devices.
- Supporting lab-based hardware/servers that host middleware solutions, including loading and maintaining operating systems and application software.
This position provides opportunities to expand your technical skill base to new areas, including virtual machines, clustering, networking and storage using a variety of operating systems and automation utilities.
Minimum Required Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
- 5 years Platform Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Platform Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 9 years.
This position has been designated as CWIP IAT Level 1 and requires one of the following baseline certifications to qualify:
- A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Network+ CE, SSCP, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CASP+ CE, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH
- Recent experience with configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting RHEL and/or CentOS systems on bare-metal hardware and virtualized environments
- 4 years as a Linux system administrator in a medium to large enterprise environment
- Experience with Red Hat/CentOS Linux and KVM or VMware ESX
- Experience with VMware ESXi and KVM virtualization technologies
- Ability to work independently to triage issues and prioritize tasks
- Able to clearly communicate ideas, issues and status updates to management and other team members
- Technical writing skills
- Experience with SAN/NAS from multiple vendors including Oracle, NetApp and Dell
- Experience with implementing controlled management of distributed datacenters, to include versioning of OS and application software
- Experience deploying systems utilizing Ansible
- Knowledgeable in datacenter automation and scripting with Puppet
- Experience building, deploying and maintaining RPM packages
- Proficient in creating and improving shell scripts
- Experience with RHCS and Pacemaker clustering technologies
- Experience with Cisco networking equipment and Sidewinder firewalls
- Experience with Windows and Active Directory
- Security+ and Linux OS certifications
- CCNA or CCNP certified
TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
BlackLynx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.