System Administrator to provide installation, configuration and maintenance support to an enterprise middleware solution. The selected candidate will work as part of a high profile operations team that deploys and maintains a variety of GOTS, COTS, and FOSS products to Linux-based systems across the enterprise. The team provides 2nd tier production and staging support for the software infrastructure.
Minimum Required Skills/Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines.
- 3 years System Administration experience. An additional 4+ years of System Administration experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 7 years.
This position has been designated as CWIP IAT Level 1 and requires one of the following baseline certifications to qualify:
- A+ CE, CCNA-Security, Network+ CE, SSCP, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CASP+ CE, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED, GCIH
- Experience troubleshooting software deployed to Linux/Unix systems
- Experience installing COTS software applications on Linux platforms
- Experience with supporting software on VMware hosted Linux systems
- Ability to work independently to triage issues and prioritize tasks
- Logic-based problem-solving and organizational skills
- Able to clearly communicate ideas and status updates to management
- 3 years Linux/Unix system administration experience
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and work independently with minimum supervision to meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot existing bash/perl scripts
- Understanding of centralized authorization services (ie CASPORT)
- Understanding of networks (such as troubleshooting MTU/WAN latency)
- Experience with various clustering software such as Red Hat Clustering Service (RHCS) and Pacemaker
- Knowledge of local and SAN-based storage systems
TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
BlackLynx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.