Designs, implements, and supports ETL processes for data warehouse. Designs and supports ETL processes for data cleansing, data auditing, and data profiling. Collaborates and implements ETL best practices. Coordinates with Government leads to gather and analyze requirements to translate into technical specifications and solutions.
Shall possess the following capabilities:
- Twelve (12) years’ experience with ETL Development is required. (A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline is required. An additional four (4) years of ETL Development experience on projects with similar scope may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.)
- Five (5) years’ experience designing data warehouse schemas, relational and dimensional
- Five (5) years’ experience programming in Oracle PL/SQL.
- Two (2) years’ experience using computer-based COTS data modeling tool.
- Two (2) years’ experience programming in PERL.
- Two (2) years’ experience in Korn, Bourne, or C shell programming.
- Two (2) years’ development experience with Informatica PowerCenter version 8 or above or three (3) years development experience with a comparable ETL Tool.
- Three (3) years’ experience with UNIX and/or LINUX operating systems, including basic monitoring of operating systems.
- Completion of Informatica PowerCenter Developer Level 1 training or 1 year of experience using Informatica version 7 or later to develop ETL.
- Completion of Informatica PowerCenter Developer Level 2 training.
Security Clearance: TS/SCI with an appropriate agency Polygraph is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Blackynx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
- Clarifies and documents requirements on assigned tasks, in conjunction with the customer.
- Develops basic ETL objects, according to the design.
- Writes technical documentation (design specifications, data model diagrams, Configuration Management, and Production Support documents).
- Negotiates and documents data owner permission to release data to customer.
- Deigns basic to moderately complex ETL processes and related database schemas.
- Develops moderately complex ETL objects, according to the design.
- Monitors developed ETL processes in production, and trouble-shoots production problems when they occur.
- Recommends best practices, standards, and advanced techniques for designing and implementing ETL objects to the development team.
- Designs and implements complex solutions focused on data extraction, transformation, and loading of data.
- Analyzes source system data, defines database schema, and defines ETL strategy for loading data into the schema.
- Develops ETL objects to ingest data from multiple sources and populate the data warehouse.
- Verifies that overall solution provides appropriate security protection and adheres to data owner release agreements(s).
- Leads migration of existing ETL loads and database structures to new database platform.