Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Shall possess the following capabilities:
- Fourteen (14) years’ experience as a SWE, in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or related discipline. An additional four (4) years of software development experience on projects with similar software development processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with the customer or stakeholder to define, document, and implement system requirements.
- The ability to create and execute test cases for peer code testing.
Experience with the following technologies is required OR desired depending upon the specific project:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Debug existing software and correct defects.
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards.
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features.
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments.
- Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories.
- Write or review software and system documentation.
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project.
- Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries.
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards.
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components.
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
U.S. Citizenship is required
- Windows OS, Required (2 years)
- SQL, Required (3 years)
- Unix/Linux OS, Required (3 years)
- JAVA or C++, Required (4 years)
- Groovy on Grails or Similar Technologies, Required (6 months)
- DoJo Service or Similar Technologies, Required (6 months)
- HTML, Required (3 years)
- CSS, Required (1 year)
- JSP, Desired
- AJAX, Required (1 year)
- Spring framework, Desired
- JEE technologies, Desired
- Developing Web Services (SOAP and REST), Required (1 year)
- XML tools (e.g., XPATH, XQUERY, DOM, SAX, XSLT), Desired
- IIS, Required (1 year)
- APACHE, Required (1 year)
- CASPORT, Desired
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Required (1 year)
TS/SCI with an appropriate agency Polygraph
BlackLynx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.