Database Engineer to provide operational database administration to the organization through partnering with architects, developers, and support personnel. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to database administration and maintenance, owning, tracking, and resolving database related incidents, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within the scope of the applicable service level agreements (SLAs), and ensuring backups are performed regularly. Other duties in include maintenance, upkeep and security (at levels required within the SLAs) of the databases, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with architects, project application engineers, and database engineers to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems. Database instances will be hosted within the organization as well as remotely hosted in organizational spaces owned by other intelligence agencies. The candidate will also provide Tier 2 support to operational systems and will be on call to provide the support after regular working hours.
- TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines plus 5 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 9 years. Plus 2+ years’ experience with Linux, Eclipse. Maven, and Java and 2+ years work experience in the SIGINT, IA, or IT domains.
- Expert knowledge of Oracle v12, including Oracle Streams and RMAN.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Experience in clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
- Knowledge of High Availability and Disaster Recovery options.
- Knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics.
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language.
- Understanding of distributed computing architecture.
- Experience with virtualized machines and databases hosted thereon.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience in performance tuning and optimization using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Master’s degree in engineering, math, computer science, information security or a related field
- Experience with Oracle GOLDENGATE.