The Desktop Services office is a robust and fast-paced organization responsible for the design, development and deployment of the EnablingStorm desktop service, a high compute infrastructure (HCI) which provides scalable desktop configurations with Windows and Linux operating systems utilizing available corporate services and application baselines.
The Sr. Platform Engineer will:
- Use knowledge of Citrix Profile Management Citrix 7.6 Console environments to support end users. Provide Tier2/3 support to Citrix End Users, which requires the ability to troubleshoot applications issues (both streaming and hosted).
- Assist with the analysis, evaluation and preparation of system improvements, optimization and design/development.
- Provide application configuration and functional use of either Java, J2EE and web services, or PeopleSoft applications.
- Provides hands-on involvement with the implementation, integration and maintenance efforts of an information systems architecture related to the Citrix environment in both Windows and Unix/Linux/Solaris systems. May work with back-end application developers and DBAs to effectively integrate into a virtual desktop infrastructure.
- Perform XenDesktop desktop Administration to support the Development Envrionment.
- Provided XenDesktop application support for the development and production environments.
- Provide documentation of application and desktop configurations.
- Provide updates for the Confluence pages to the Project Manager
Minimum Required Skills/Experience:
- TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines.
- 10 years Platform Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Platform Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 14 years.
- Must be able to work in collaborative environment. Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with XenDesktop 7.6 and XenApp 7.15
- Experience with VMware
- Experience with Windows Active Directory
- Powershell scripting experience
- SQL database experience
- NetApp administration experience
- Citrix Certified Professional in Networking or Virtualization
- IAT Level II DoD 8570 CertificationBrowser (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, etc.) capability experience