Provides Linux and some Windows system administration for assigned infrastructure. Supports new infrastructure projects and works within the dictated security boundaries for servers, workstations and networks. Plays a significant role in automating processes to improve overall team performance. Creates and maintains all configuration documentation for assigned infrastructure and automation efforts.
The selected candidate will coordinate the implementation efforts of several developers of varying skill levels to implement an interactive dashboard and create a web-based application to manage various inventories and processes. The candidate will:
- Support strategic efforts of the leadership team.
- Provide feedback to leadership on status and approach.
- Perform risk management and mitigation at a development level.
- Perform development as part of the team to development of solution.
- Maintain existing legacy system and help plan transition to new system.
This position is for System Administrators to provide technical support for a number of key enterprise services. Specific tasking will include coverage in the following areas:
- Gather requirements to automate various processes and implement through scripts and utilization of API’s as appropriate.
- Design, develop, document, integrate, test and deliver scripts, code and other services employing, processes procedures
- Collect metrics from a variety of sources and present the data on an interactive dashboard
- Interact effectively, courteously, and directly with the technical teams to resolve technical issues.
- Read, write and implement standard operating procedures and technical documentation.
- Assist with transition of new technologies into the Enterprise service environment.
- Produce and/or contribute to IT knowledge articles.
- Develop and maintain software applications and/or databases, including web applications and user interfaces.
Must be able to work in a collaborative environment with other network/platform engineers and system/application administrators. Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
Minimum Required Skills/Experience:
- TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines plus 3 years System Administration experience.
- An additional 4+ years of System Administration experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 7 years.
- Expertise with Linux operating systems.
- Working knowledge of computer operations, platforms, systems, architectures, functions, and terminology.
- Experience with scripting using various scripting languages including Python.
- GUI development.
- Solid computer security background and best practices.
- Understanding of databases and basic SQL.
- Ability to write technical documentation including wiki sites, blogs, XML/HTML.
- Understanding of computer science security principles.
- Ability to perform standard OS level system admin functions such as: process/service management, account management and troubleshooting.
- Effectively manages time and pays attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently to triage issues and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience writing scripts, working knowledge of databases, requirements gathering, testing and implementation.
- Adheres to established processes and procedures and update documentation as required.
- Experience with and/ or knowledge of:
- Building RESTful Services
- PKI encryption and authentication
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Experience with open source COTS/GOTS/FOSS solutions.
- Broad understanding of IT infrastructure, networking, and software applications.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and meet task deadlines.