Seeking a Platform Engineer to support a high volume, middleware-oriented messaging enterprise solution that enables critical customer operations.
The candidate will perform datacenter sustainment, physical and virtual server deployment and configuration management, and will design and automate both initial provisioning and follow-on updates to deployable and on-campus datacenters.
Additional activities include:
- Racking and provisioning servers and networking equipment
- Instituting automated configuration management control and documentation of developed software and hardware configurations.
- Providing implementation support for migration to and configuration of new datacenters (servers, firewalls, KVM and VMWare Virtual Machines, routers, switches, SAN devices)
- Providing and installing maintenance and security patches to all deployed devices.
- Supporting lab-based hardware/servers that host middleware solutions, including loading and maintaining operating systems and application software.
This position provides opportunities to expand your technical skill base to new areas, including virtual machines, clustering, networking and storage using a variety of operating systems.
- Recent experience with configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting RHEL and/or CentOS systems on bare-metal hardware and virtualized environments
- 4 years as a Linux system administrator in a medium to large enterprise environment
- Experience with Red Hat Linux, VMware ESX, Citrix and Microsoft Server
- Experience with VMware ESXi and KVM virtualization technologies
- Experience with SIMP/Puppet
- Ability to work independently to triage issues and prioritize tasks
- Able to clearly communicate ideas, issues and status updates to management and other team members
- Technical writing skills
- Work with system security personnel to maintain SSPs and address IAVAs and other system security needs
- Ability to commute to external building when called upon
- 5 years Platform Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Platform Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 9 years
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment, with minimal supervision
- Experience with SAN/NAS from multiple vendors including Oracle, NetApp and Dell
- Experience with implementing controlled management of distributed datacenters, to include versioning of OS and application software
- Experience creating an environment for and utilizing cvs/subversion for version control
- Knowledgeable in datacenter automation and scripting with Puppet
- Experience building, deploying and maintaining RPM packages
- Proficient in creating and improving shell scripts
- Experience with RHCS and PCS clustering technologies
- Experience with Cisco networking equipment and Sidewinder firewalls
- Experience with Windows and Active Directory
- MCSE certified
- CCNA or CCNP certified