• Provide assistance in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance and upgrading of existing networks; specification, and related documents and implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of an enclave environment.
• Analyze network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of, and/or modifications to network components. Provide support using Cisco hardware.
• Install network applications on Cisco network servers equipment; Maintain, tests, research and resolve network issues.
• Design, Implement and maintain various networks in accordance with specified customer requirements.
• Prepare data network diagrams and drawings to document and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
• Perform data network configurations and configuration changes of various data equipment such as routers, switches, intelligent hubs, multi-function switches, end offices, signaling transfer points, PBX, voice mail, call management systems, etc. to enhance performance.
• Understanding of enterprise management of converged networks, capacity planning, performance analysis and network tuning. In depth knowledge of TCP, UDP, IP, VLAN, VRF, DNS, and HTTP.
• Provide technical guidance/ recommendations for network architecture.
• Interface and communicate effectively with customer.
• Able to work in a team environment.
-Cisco Nexus OS, IOS, IOS-XE configuration management and equipment upgrade experience
-Cisco ASA Firewall upgrade and management experience including IPSec VPNs
-WAN and Campus based LAN network troubleshooting and fault isolation and resolution
-Windows Server 2012/2016, 10 deployment and management experience
-MS Powershell scripting, VMWare PowerCLI
-Cisco UCS, Hyperflex management experience
-VMWare VSphere ESXi 6.x experience
Required Education and Experience:
• Master's degree and 3 years’ experience, Bachelor's Degree and 5 years’ experience, Associate's Degree and 7years experience, or High School Grad and 9 years’ experience in System Administration.
• One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position. Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GSIH, or GCED. Training and Certification provided for applicants meeting the above requirements
• Must possess an ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH