This position supports next generation infrastructure with unified communications through a virtualized environment. Responsible for system improvements in reliability, security, efficiency, and performance. Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting, deployments, and maintenance of IT systems, to include building, patching, and maintaining servers.
- Experience building/managing servers in the AWS (Amazon Web Services) environment.
- Experience with cloud/server/network/storage implementation and support.
- Experience with VMware implementation and support.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation, and prepares documentation for infrastructure changes.
- Experience with Solaris and Linux (CentOS, RedHat, and Oracle Linux). UNIX experience will be considered too.
- Must be able to support servers with a combination of physical and virtual in different environments:
+ Physical servers located on different networks in various server rooms and consists of VMs on VMware infrastructure and Solaris systems
+ Builds/supports VMs working with MachineShop and MUC, but not the hardware infrastructure
+ Supports the Database Hosting Environment, physical servers, RedHat environment, and VMware
- Should have a good understanding of Active Directory/Centrify, McAfee (Nails/ePO/CMA), etc.
- Experience with PUPPET (to manage system configuration)
- Experience with monitoring systems using XYMON.
- Must be able to provide support with the design, implementation, and maintenance of monitoring systems (physical & virtual).
- Familiarity with Visio for doing network/rack diagrams
- Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
- Must be available for on-call support. On-call support rotates
Required Education & Experience:
- High School/GED + 12 years OR Associates + 10 years OR Bachelors + 8 years OR Masters + 6 years OR Doctorate + 4 years
-One of the following DoD approved certifications is necessary to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED.
-Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly