Currently, we are seeking a strong Linux/Storage Engineer. The selected candidate must have an ACTIVE TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH CLEARANCE.
• Experience in LINUX system administration in a virtual environment using VMWare, including installing and maintaining operating systems, configuring and installing hardware/software utilizing monitoring technologies, troubleshooting, and sustaining the operational health of the infrastructure.
• Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems.
• Manages IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all the client/server/storage/network devices, etc.
• Provides Tier 1 through Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems.
• Must be able to coordinate and partner with various work centers, network engineers/administrators, and customer organizations in the execution of daily tasks.
• Configures and manages Linux installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity, and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
• Installs, maintains and improves system configurations and solutions, as well as monitor and audit system utilization, performance and problems.
• Full life cycle storage area network (SAN) administration, architecture, and support including storage utilizations/capacity planning and adjusting storage requirements.
• Performs data migration tasks from direct attached storage and within SAN environments.
• Designs modifications and changes to the SAN infrastructure and assists in the implementation and documentation of all configuration changes.
• Evaluates new technologies and architecting solutions.
• Performs daily Storage Engineer activities including management, zoning, provisioning, troubleshooting, and debugging.
• Use storage management tools to discover, monitor, provision and report on the storage infrastructure.
• Participates in root cause analysis for significant problems and suggests clear recommendations for improvements.
• Must have experience in Linux, NetApp and VMWare
• Linux as primary O/S skill, with Windows as secondary
• Good general experience with Cloud/Servers/Network/Storage/NetBackup/Rhel
• UNIX Shell scripting, Python, BASH, Powershell
• Active Directory/Centrify, System logging and auditing
• Working Knowledge of Networking Engineering
Required Education and Experience:
Doctorate and 4 years’ experience, Master's degree and 6 years’ experience, Bachelor's Degree and 8 years’ experience, Associate's Degree and 10 years’ experience, or High School Grad and 12 years’ experience in System Administration and/or Network Engineering. Must meet 8570 IAT II requirements to include one of the following certifications: CCNA Security, GIC SP, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH, CySA+.