Member of a cross-functional team responsible for Oracle database administration working on IC Security Services. Tasking will include, but is not limited to:
- Allocate system storage and plan for future storage requirements
- Create and maintain primary database storage structures
- Create primary database objects (tables, views, indexes) once developers have designed an application and assist developers in the design if required
- Modify the database structure, as needed
- Monitor and optimize the database performance
- Plan backup and recovery methodology
- Backup and restore the database as required
- Apply Oracle patches
- Migrate Oracle databases to new hardware as required
- Write PL/SQL stored procedures and triggers
- Write and maintain shell scripts
- Recommend new architectures, designs, and strategies for the future
- Oracle Database Administration 5+ years
- PL/SQL 5+ years
- SQL 5+ years
- Able to clearly communicate ideas and status updates
- 5 years of Software Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 9 years.
- 2+ years experience with Linux, Eclipse. Maven, and Java
- 2+ years work experience in the SIGINT, IA, or IT domains.
- Must be able to work in collaborative environment.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
At least two of the following:
- Database performance tuning
- Shell scripting
- Willing to take on a wide variety of tasking
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph