System/Application Engineer to provide installation, configuration and maintenance support to an enterprise middleware solution. The selected candidate will work as part of team that installs, configures and maintains a variety of COTs products that support the client’s enterprise. The team provides 2nd tier production and staging support for the software infrastructure.
- 3 years Linux/Unix system administration experience
- Experience in integrating and troubleshooting distributed systems in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience installing and configuring COTS software applications
- Experience with supporting software in VMware hosted Linux environments
- Ability to work independently to triage issues and prioritize tasks
- Outstanding problem-solving and organizational skills
- Able to clearly communicate ideas and status updates to management
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and work independently with minimum supervision to meet deadlines
- 3 years System Administration experience. An additional 4+ years of System Administration experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 7 years.
- Must be able to work in collaborative environment with other network/platform engineers and system/application administrators.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot existing bash/perl scripts
- Understanding of ongoing STE/STN activities with a focus on TLS and the Corporate Authorization Service
- Understanding of networks (such as troubleshooting MTU/WAN latency)
- Experience with various clustering software such as Red Hat Clustering Service (RHCS) and Pacemaker
- Knowledge on local storage versus SAN
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a
field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines
TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph.