System Engineer for an enterprise level near-real time messaging transport service supporting hundreds of missions and customers throughout the Intelligence Community. The selected candidate will collaborate in a team environment to develop message flow solutions with customer having disparate mission, schedule and communication needs. The candidate will provide informational briefings to new and existing customer of the messaging service. The candidate will interface with internal and external customers to define messaging and policy enforcement requirements, obtain the necessary approvals for implementation, and coordinate operational software deployments. The candidate will provide right-sized process improvement and implementation across several disciplines including configuration management, reporting software build and delivery, risk management, quality assurance, customer feedback, and improvement.
- Excellent communications skills; ability to present information to a diverse audience (listen/engage with coworkers and customers)
- Experience with Use Case development and requirement derivation (translating customer needs into actionable technical tasks)
- Experience developing technical solutions (work cross-team and with technical leadership)
- Experience developing project artifacts (meeting notes, engineering diagrams, wikis, data flows, etc.)
- Familiarity with deployment and verification cycles
- Comfortable with Spring Based Development
- Familiarity with graphics based tools (MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, etc.)
- Process and detail oriented
- Team player
- Must be able to work in a collaborative environment, with minimal supervision.
- Familiar with the overall Software Development Life Cycle to manage and coordinate the development, testing, and deployment of new products and services across multiple teams with a wide array of technical and logistical interdependencies.
- Familiarity with TechSIGINT/PROFORMA
- Software engineering/development background
- Familiarity with software testing and/or management
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines.
- An additional 4+ years of System Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 9 years.
TS/SCI clearance with polygraph