The Utility Cloud Services office is responsible for the design, development, implementation of Utility Cloud Service offerings for the Agency Extended Enterprise. These services include on-premise Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings including the Mission Utility Cloud and MACHINESHOP, and Platform as a Service (Paas) offerings including PARTSHOP, CONTIAINERYARD and LABBENCH. Additionally Utility Cloud Services is the Agency Service provider/primary liaison to the Commercial Cloud Service (C2S), the IC-facing Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment. Support the adoption and integration of C2S platforms and solutions. Development of support of budgeting, migration plans, security designs, briefs, and general C2S services/adoption questions. Ensuring that the operational posture is maintained for an information system migrating to the C2S platform, and working in close collaboration with the information system owners and C2S support staff. Serve as a key advisor on all matters, technical and otherwise, involving initiated, planned, scheduled authored training content, and support or lead the bi-weekly meeting and training for existing or prospective customers on how to properly and efficiently use C2S capabilities.Assist in the development of cloud computing security and risk management best practices and technical content.
- 5 years experience with Linux and platforms
- 3 years experience leading design and implementation activities in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Experience developing software (Java, .NET, Node.js, Python, Ruby, Go, C++) scripts and automation
- Experience collaborating with the business, translating business need into technical requirements and presenting ideas in business-friendly language to management, customers and staff.
- Understanding of architecture design techniques
- Familiarity with DevOps and integrating with Gitlab, Jenkins and containers.
- Experience with REST APIs to provide data to other applications looking to integrate with the PARTSHOP offerings.
- Must be able to work in collaborative environment.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience with open source COTS/GOTS/FOSS solutions
- Experience with cloud based computing
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible or similar tools
- System Administration experience
- Storage Administration experience
- Understanding of IaaS, PaaS and Containers
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in computer engineering or in a field related to the computer engineering or computer science disciplines. 10 years System Engineering experience. An additional 4+ years of System Engineering experience may be substituted for the degree for a total of 14 years.
TS/SCI Clearance with polygraph