The Hardware Technician provides Tier 2 and 3 on-site and remote supports for computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment. Conducts sites surveys; assesses and documents current site configuration and user requirements. Analyzes existing requirements and prepares specifications for hardware acquisitions. Prepares engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages. Develops hardware installation schedules. Prepares drawings documenting configuration changes at each site. Prepares site installation and test reports. Configures computers, communications devices and peripheral equipment. Trains site personnel in proper use of hardware. Builds specialized interconnecting cables.
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
Troubleshoot, repair, and test computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment
Install and configure computer workstations, servers, printers, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment and associated cabling
Maintain government and/or vendor-manufactured fiber optic modems, multiplexer, fiber optic/Ethernet cables & telephone systems
- Updates technical drawings using AutoCAD software as needed
Minimum education and experience level: High school/GED and a minimum of four (4) years of experience. Equivalent education and experience: Associate’s degree and two (2) years of experience.
- Highly skilled in installing, repairing and troubleshooting computer hardware and peripherals. Well-versed in installing windows, software, applications, antivirus and patches
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand technical manuals and schematics
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Able to manage time and priorities effectively
- Able to work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Proficient in working with end-users remotely
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Windows 7 and 10
- Familiar with Active Directory security and policies
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills to relate with team members and support workers
- Must to be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to rive company vehicle.
- Must be available to work some 8 hour shift between the hours of 6am-6pm, as determined by management.
Candidate must have a TS/SCI polygraph clearance
DoD 8570 IAT Level 1 certification or MTA.