RackTop Systems is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Senior Enterprise Storage Consultant with a TS/SCI security clearance to work with federal prospects and customers in both a hands-on and sales consultative role.
RackTop develops innovative products that are revolutionizing the data storage industry by combining high-performance network attached storage with advanced security to solve the most difficult compliance and cyber security challenges facing the modern enterprise. At Racktop, you can be an influential part of a fast-growing team where your contributions directly impact the company, industry and community.
As part of the team, your responsibilities as a Senior Enterprise Storage Engineer will be:
- Provide subject matter expertise for RackTop network attached storage appliances
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales consultation and professional services
- Provide data capture services, storage performance analysis and expert troubleshooting
- Optimize RackTop storage products to work with variety of 3rd party products including virtualization hypervisors, databases, distributed object storage software, SIEMs, and network operating systems.
- Develop monitoring and troubleshooting processes, techniques, and scripts for storage products and implementations
- Perform competitive analysis against competing products and adjust current operations as needed
- Develop and present new ideas to the leadership team for new products and services
- Provide customer consultation, architecture, design, and lead customer installs
- Represent the company at various engagements and conferences
- Promote positive relations with partners, vendors, and distributors
- Maintain current knowledge of industry and emerging technology trends
The ideal candidates for this position will have a record of success designing, implementing, and supporting systems within the data center including networking, storage, server, and application layer components. Highly desired experience and skills include:
- Excellent customer relationship sales and support skills
- Broad Linux/Solaris/Windows System Administration Experience
- Troubleshooting complex Enterprise systems
- Networking experience and a comprehension of network topologies, performance characteristics, and troubleshooting methodologies
- Storage Experience - implementing, using, and maintaining a NAS or SAN
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in simple terms
- Experience writing customer focused technical documentation, tutorials, how-to’s, and screencasts
Must be a U.S. Citizen and have U.S. TS SCI with Full Scope Polygraph security clearance. Applicants are expected to maintain their clearance and be eligible for access to classified information.
This position is based out of RackTop headquarters in Fulton, MD.The applicant must be willing to reside within 2-hours driving distance from Washington, DC.The person will be able to work remotely and must be able to travel to attend meetings and provide engineering support services throughout the Washington DC metro area including VA and MD.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the keywords referencing the job opening above in the subject.